The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), popularly known as the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme, It is a flagship scheme by the government of India. It is basically a health insurance coverage scheme to take into account poor people, the lower section of society, and the weak population. The scheme offers financial security in the event of hospitalisation because of medical emergencies. This article provides a comprehensive overview of the eligibility, features, benefits, and application process for the government’s medical coverage scheme.
Eligibility and Registration for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
Inadequate government facilities make it impossible for low-income families to afford the cost of quality medical services. For this reason, the Prime Minister of India launched a government-subsidised health care scheme known as the Ayushman Bharat Yojana in September 2018.
In fact, the new improvements in the Union Budget 2020 stated that among the INR 69,000 crore assigned to the health sector, INR 6,400 crore has been allocated to the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Despite the fact that many eligible families in India are still unaware of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.To avail the benefits under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, it is important to understand the fundamentals of this scheme.
What is the Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a health-care initiative launched by the Indian government to help poor people prosper.It contains two significant health initiatives: the Health and Wellness Center (HWC) and the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
Under the PMJAY scheme, over 10 crore families are covered with health insurance of Rs. 5 lakh. The scheme guarantees cashless treatment at public hospitals as well as empanelled private hospitals. Also, expensive surgeries like knee replacements, coronary bypasses, and others are also covered.
The prime benefit of the PMJAY scheme is to provide financial security on unexpected occasions. Plus, it offers plenty of other advantages to guarantee financial support throughout their lives.
The PMJAY Scheme’s Benefits
Medical treatment is available to every poor family in India. However, the states that opted out of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana can’t benefit from the treatment facilities.
- It focuses on girls, women, and senior citizens of India.
- It covers pre-existing diseases, day-care treatments, follow-ups, etc.
- One can avail medical treatment from every one of the tertiary and secondary hospitals in India.
- It offers the advantages of national portability in India. Every resident is qualified to get services from anywhere in the country.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana holds a strong network of residents under the plan. However, the eligibility criteria of the scheme should be met prior to opting for the policy.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are divided into two general classifications:
- Rural sector
- Urban sector
- Bonded labourers
- Scheduled tribes and scheduled castes
- Landless households
- Manual scavenger
- Households with no males between 16 and 59 years of age
- Families with no one between 16 years and 59 years of age
- Households with at least one physically challenged member and no healthy adults
- Rag Pickers
- Sanitation workers, gardeners, and sweepers
- Home-based artisans and handicraft workers
- Mechanics, electricians, and repair workers:
- Domestic help
- Plumbers, masons, construction workers, porters, welders, painters, and security guards.
- Assistants, peons of a small organisation, delivery men, shopkeepers, and waiters
- Transport workers such as drivers, conductors, helpers, carts, or rickshaw pullers
- Cobblers, hawkers, and people providing services by working on streets or pavements
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Online Eligibility Steps
You can check eligibility for PMJAY qualification with the following steps:
- Visit the PMJAY website (https://pmjay.gov.in/).
- Click on the PMJAY ‘Am I Eligible’ choice present close to the pursuit bar.
- Enter your name, telephone number, apportion card number or the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana URN number. On presenting your versatile number, you’ll get an OTP.
- Submit the OTP that you created.
- Select the state where you reside.
- Click on the inquiry button whenever you’ve filled in every one of the important subtleties. When you click search, a rundown of names will fall under the classification.
- Look for your name in the rundown.
Registration Steps For Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Generate a patient verification card for your beneficiaries. For card generation, the patient is directed to the PMJAY kiosk.
- Learn about all the valid charges and payments related to the PMJAY scheme.
- Confirm any prevailing sickness or infections with the provided doctors.
- On account of any seriousness, get medical treatment or a prescription from the specialists. If hospitalisation is suggested, avail medical facilities from empanelled healthcare providers (EHCP) or public hospitals.
- Once the completion of treatments is confirmed, get a discharge certificate, bills, or invoices from the hospital.
Submission of essential documents plays a major role. Providing all the necessary paperwork quickens the process. Here’s a set of required documents for availing the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Documents Required for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration
You can submit the following documents ready for AB-PMJAY registration:
- Age and identity proof are required to opt for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Contact details such as phone numbers, addresses, email IDs, etc.
- Documents stating your family’s current status
Contact details should be mentioned precisely as it is the only way of reaching the policyholder.
PMJAY Registration Requires a Certificate
Every individual must submit two different certificates while opting for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The necessary declarations are as follows:
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Family Structure
During the Ayushman Bharat registration and application process, everyone should mention their family structure. For example, an individual should mention whether they live in a nuclear family or a joint family.