Malnutrition has crippled a larger part of Indian women across the nation and semi-urban areas. A significant part of country Indian women suffer from undernourishment and anemia. Poor nutrition has huge effects on childbirth. An undernourished mother nearly gives birth to a low birth weight child. This eventually results in poor health of the newborn child and the mother as well. To resolve this issue, the Prime Minister of India, launched the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) or Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana, was previously known as Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana (IGMSY).
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana is a social welfare maternity benefit programme carried out by the Ministry of Women and Child Development under the provisions of National Food Security Act, 2013. The program is controlled by the Government of India and was presented in 2016.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vanadana Yojana Listed Below:
- To provide sufficient amount of rest to women before and after the delivery of the first child, the scheme provides partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of incentives.
- The cash benefit is aimed toward working on the improving the health of Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW& LM).
- The scheme covers Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers, excluding PW&LM who are in normal employment with the Central Government or the State Government or PSUs.
- This plan is designed for pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers who have their pregnancy on or after 01.01.2017 for first child in family.
- The date and stage of pregnancy for a recipient would be counted concerning her LMP date as referenced in the MCP card.
- If case of Miscarriage/Still Birth, a beneficiary can claim the advantages just once. This includes any excess installments for future pregnancies. Subsequent to receiving first installments, the beneficiary can claim the second and third installments for any future pregnancies.
- If there infant mortality, the young women won’t be qualified for claiming benefits under the scheme, if she already received all the installments of the maternity benefit under PMMVY prior.
- Pregnant and Lactating AWWs/AWHs/ASHA may also avail the advantages under the PMMVY.
Advantages of Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana – PMMVY
- The mother is qualified for a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 in three installments. The first installment of Rs 1000/ – on registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Center (AWC)/endorsed Health office, second installment of Rs 2000/ – following a half year of pregnancy on getting no less than one risk natal examination (ANC) and third installment of Rs 2000/ – after delivery and the child has received the primary cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis – B, or its same/substitute.
- Qualified recipients also include women under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for Institutional delivery. The incentive received (Rs. 6,000 per women) under JSY is for maternity benefits.
Targeted Beneficiaries of PMMVY
Under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’ (PMMVY) scheme a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 is paid out to the Bank or Post Office Accounts of pregnant women and lactating moms. This, be that as it may, will just be payable for the initial live birth, liable to satisfying specific conditions relating with Maternal and Child Health. The plan can’t be benefited by pregnant women and lactating moms who are in normal work with the Central Government, State Governments or PSUs. The PMMVY program has been in force from first January 2017.
National Health Policy 2017 (NHP):
The National Health Policy 2017 is a social medical care policy which targets accomplishing overall health coverage and delivering quality health care services to all at reasonable costs. It was approved by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in 15.3.2017.
According to the Union Cabinet, Government of India, ‘The fundamental goal of the National Health Policy 2017 is to achieve the highest possible level of good health and prosperity, through a preventive and promotive health care orientation in all developmental policies, and to accomplish universal access to great quality medical services without anybody confronting financial hardships as an consequence’.
How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) Online?
There is no online method for the benefitiary to enroll directly. The qualified women are required to enroll under the plan at the Anganwadi Center (AWC)/supported Health office relying on the carrying out division for that specific State/UT.
Online Process to Claim Maternity Benefits under PMMVY?
For availing maternity benefits, the pregnant women who are qualified need to register under the PMMVY conspire. This can be done at an Anganwadi Center or approved health facility, depending upon the implementing department for that individual State/UT. The recipient would need to fill the form for registration, guarantee the installment and hand over something very similar at the Anganwadi Center or supported health office.
Offline Process to Claim Maternity Benefits under PMMVY?
People also have the option of downloading the prescribed form from the PMMVY Software. Here, the entity just needs to sign in with respective scheme facilitator’s login accreditations.
Form 1 series relates to registration and claiming various payments of maternity benefit under the program. This series contains:
Form 1 A – to be filled for registering new beneficiary and for claiming first installment.
Form 1 B – to be filled for the recipient to guarantee the second Installment.
Form 1 C – to be filled for the recipient to guarantee the third Installment.