What is the E-Shram Card and what are its advantages?
A target has been set to add more than 30 million laborers. The Indian government collects data from the unorganised sector, and by aggregating the database of the labourers into one place, the labourers covered under this portal include construction workers, migrant workers, stage artists, street vendors, domestic workers, agricultural laborers, and other organised laborers. Such people are those who can’t get the advantage of any scheme. Since it is not possible to know what plan came and what went, under this, the e-shram Card will be provided by the government after e-shram Card Registration. Every labourer will be able to get the advantages of the schemes directly, and the government will take various steps as they will have the database of laborers.
The unorganised sector employs more than 38 million people in the United States. Construction laborers, ready trackers, small sellers, agricultural laborers, domestics, women, beedi laborers, truck drivers, fishermen, milk vendors, ASHA and Anganwadi workers, MGNREGA workers, self-employed and other labourers in the unorganised sector are widely reduced. This national level portal (e-SHRAM) has been made for the welfare of these core unorganised workers who play a major part in the nation’s economy and to envision their secure future.
12 digit unique number
The e-shram Card of around 38 crore labourers who will be made by the Union Ministry of Labor and Employment, will get a 12-digit number (Universal Account Number, UAN) on the e-Shram Card! with the goal of benefiting every labourer at once. As you know, every person in India has a unique Aadhar card number as an identity card. Similarly, the e-shram Card will also give you the identity of a labourer in India.
Documents Required for e-Shram
There are around 30 crores unorganised people in India who want to enroll themselves in getting the NDUW UAN e-shram card need to do online registration needs a few documents. The list of details required to register for the e-shram card –
- Permanent Address
- Educational qualification
- Skill and experience details
- Family details
- Aadhaar number
- A valid mobile number that is linked to an Aadhar Card
- Any bank account number?
- IFSC code
- Aadhaar Card
Charges are required to register for an e-shram card.
There are no charges required for the e-registration for the e-shram card.
Eligibility for an e-shram card
Any labourer who is an Indian citizen and meets the following criteria can apply for the e-shram Card.
- Age should be between 15 and 59 years old.
- I should not be an income tax payer.
- Should be a member of EPFO or ESIC.
Whatever scheme is run by the government of India! Its database will be linked up with all those schemes, so it will actually be able to register and take advantage of schemes in the sector through a single platform to do any kind of work.
Eligibility Criteria for E-Shram Card Registration
- The applicant’s age should be between 16 and 59 years old.
- Should not be a member of EPFO or ESIC.
- I should not be an income tax payer.
- Must be working in the unorganised sector.
No fees will be charged for applying. But, if you come after updating any kind of data on your UAN card, then a nominal fee of 20 has to be paid.
Documents Needed for an E-Shram Card
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Passbook
- a utility bill or a ration card
- Active Mobile Phone Number
Registration Process for E-Shram Card Registration
- Visit the official e-shram card website.
- Click on the register for e-shram link.
- You will be redirected to the self-registration page.
- Enter the registered mobile number linked up with your Aadhaar card and an OTP will be sent.
- The registration dashboard will be open.
- Fill in the details correctly and submit them.
Advantages of the e-Shram Card
The Indian government has introduced many welfare schemes for unorganised sector workers and laborers. Many labourers are missing the opportunity to take advantage of the schemes due to a lack of awareness. You can check out the many advantages of e-shram Portal Registration. E-shram card, e-shram gov in, e-shram card download, e-shram gov in, e-shram login.
- Financial Support
- Social Security Scheme Benefits
- More Job Opportunities
- For one year, you will receive a premium wave.
- Insurance Coverage Under the Bhima Yojana
- Track Migrant Laborers’ labour force
Who Can Register on the e-Shram Portal?
- An unorganised worker
- Agricultural labourers and landless farmers are eligible. Other farmers are not eligible.