An Aadhaar Card is considered an essential document for proof of identity and address for an individual in India. An Aadhaar Card is an official document for banking activities to avail government schemes, subsidies, and other benefits. However, if you want to update your details in your Aadhaar card, such as demographics or biometrics you can now update them easily. It is very important that your Aadhaar Card is up-to-date to avoid any delay in availing any benefits.
To update Aadhaar details, you can do it by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Center (Aadhaar Seva Kendra) or do it online by visiting the website.
For making changes in personal details such as name, address, gender, and date of birth on the Aadhaar card, follow the given steps below to update. One needs to have their mobile number linked with the Aadhaar card so as to get the one-time password (OTP) when required during the updating process.
What details can be changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
As per the latest advancement, you can update your name (minor changes), date of birth, address, gender, and language on your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website.
How to update Aadhar card details online?
A person can update his/her details such as address, name (minor changes), date of birth, gender, and language on the Aadaar card online. In order to change/update/correct the details online, follow the steps given below:
- Open Aadhaar Self-Service Update Portal.
- Click on “Login”.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, captcha code, and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number linked with Aadhaar in UIDAI’s database.
- Under the services tab, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update your name, gender, date of birth, address, and language.
- Click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”.
- Choose the Aadhaar details that you want to update and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar.” (Remember that there is a limit to the number of updates/ corrections you can make to your Aadhaar).
- Now check your details as they currently exist on your Aadhaar card. Fill in the details that you want to update/change. Upload the scanned copies of the supporting documents.
- Check the preview of the updated details and pay the online update fee of Rs. 50 (non-refundable) using a debit/credit card or net banking.
Once the payment is made, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated; it can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request. The process usually takes about 5 – 7 working days to get updated. Once updated, you can download the updated Aadhaar card and get a print out.
The documents that are required for updating/correcting your Aadhar card are:
- PAN card.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- PSU Service photo ID cards.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution.
- Licence of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Photo Credit card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner.
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photo card.
- Communication Address card of the applicant, containing name and photo and was originally issued by the Postal Department.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar.
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
Important changes to be kept in mind while updating Aadhar card details
- The details you enter must be correct and appropriate as per the documents that an individual is attaching. The form must be approved and self-attested.
- Details must be filled in English or in the preferred local language.
- While updating the Aadhar card details, it must be made sure that the URN is kept safe as it can be helpful to track the status of the Aadhar card.
- If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, then you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment to make any changes to your Aadhaar card.
- All the details entered in the correction form should be filled in capital letters only.
- All the necessary information must be filled in and no option should be left unattended.
- Only those documents that are required as proof should be sent along with the form.
- The corrected Aadhar card will be sent to the address mentioned on the Aadhaar card.
- The photocopy of the documents sent must be self-attested.
Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online – Change name in Aadhar card online in Telugu
Change Address and Father Name Online in Aadhar Card
Name Change in Aadhaar Card Online – Aadhaar card Correction in Telugu
How to Change Date of Birth in Aadhaar Card Online
Name Change in Aadhaar card after marriage online
How to Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online Complete Process
How to Download Aadhaar card Online
Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card in Online New Process Step by step Explanation